A company in Singapore doesn’t need to register for GST if:
- Its taxable turnover is wholly or mainly from zero-rated supplies, and it has applied for an exemption from registration.
- A company is liable for GST registration under the retrospective view but not under the prospective view and the following conditions are met:
- taxable turnover for the next 12 months will not exceed $1 million
- taxable turnover is projected to be lower due to specific circumstances(e.g. large-scale downsizing of business)
- supporting documentation to substantiate the projection
A company must nonetheless continue to monitor its taxable turnover at the close of the next calendar quarter (prior to January 1, 2019) or next calendar year (on or after January 1, 2019).
For more details on GST services in Singapore, consult our qualified experts.
Figure out if you are exempted from GST registration in Singapore
A company in Singapore is not obliged to register for GST if its taxable turnover is wholly or mainly from zero-rated supplies and it has applied for exemption from registration. Let us help you get clarity on this.